About Me:

My photo
Welcome! I'm a neo-hippie chick working to balance my love for all things earthy and natural with all things glamourous and spectacular! And all, naturally, on a serious budget! I want to share my adventures with my family back home in Los Angeles and.....all of you!

Friday, September 9, 2011

{Mother-In-Law's Powder Room} Part III

Continuing on in the story of "The Terribly Tilted Latrine".....
We arrive now at one of the best parts--the showstopper if you will.....the wall tile. We absolutely knew that we wanted a WA-OOW! right when you walk in the door, so we decided to do glass mosaic tile going from the sink, all the way up the wall. We looked at all sorts of glass tile, and ordered these samples online for about $4 a sq ft. 


These are nice, but stop the show; they do not.

And, plus, not being terribly experienced in all things construction, what I do know is that there are many occasions when estimates are incorrect, and you need more material. If we ordered it and had to wait for it to ship and it came broken or not enough, bad news. And we were on a time restriction! So instead, we found what we thought would be perfect at a brick and mortar store, Lowes. (my fave-orite place!!)

The guys actually picked this out. (I'm so proud of their design skills!)

It was a crowd pleaser. We all fell in love with it. The mix of glass and marble added interest and a richness of texture  that would help this bathroom make the jump to a high-end look. And the price was great! $11 per sq ft. Hmm....to go all  the was up the wall, we need about 15 pieces--so we thought.


Brother-in-law starting the tile....this is gettin' good!!
 
Almost there! (This is right about where we ran out of tile sheets)
 
Tile. Done. Isn't it fab?


Here's the crusty old light fixture.....

....and the new! Along with the mirror  that I chose, also from Lowes.
An average fixture can be from $50-$80 but I got this one on clearance for $26!! Another day, another deal! 
Before, just a fan.


...And after, a fan/light combo.  Much nicer, right?
 I think we did a very effective job of brightening the space up. Don't 'cha think so? I can't wait till you get to see the whole space put together and see the reveal video. It's really fun.... Soon enough, my friends, soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment