About Me:

My photo
Welcome! I'm a neo-hippie chick working to balance my love for all things earthy and natural with all things glamourous and spectacular! And all, naturally, on a serious budget! I want to share my adventures with my family back home in Los Angeles and.....all of you!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Rotating Renter's Room Renovation

Our 3rd bedroom has many names. Guest Room, Renter's Room, Sister's Room. (My sister lives in Los Angeles but has claimed our spare bedroom as her own, giving "permission" to our visiting friends to sleep in it.)

In about a week, I have a girl-friend coming to visit and I'm super excited!! The guest room is absolutely presentable, but I want to make it more special than just ok. Sooo.....I'm gettin' to work!

What the room is right now is probably what everyone's spare room is....where all cast-offs live. The problem with my particular guest room inhabitants is that they are in a color palate that isn't necessarily cohesive with the rest of my house....and if there's anything that I learned from my mama, it's that your whole house needs to live in harmony. So I have to make it work!! (And plus, I don't have lots and lots of money to go out and buy new stuff!) The color palate that I've chose for my house, so far, is a cool one. Blues, Greys, Whites, and I've recenty been throwing in Reds and Magenta. The stuff I have from my apartment dwelling days are mostly warm greens and browns.

I know the room is gonna look just FanTastic when it's all put together. I'm going to do a couple projects in there that I've been dreaming of doing forever......(on the super cheap, of course....)

Here are some before pics of the room, followed by some inspiration.....

I took the bed clothes off just so the "before" would look extra bad!! j/k...

The "Flaming June" picture has been in my possesion since I was a single gal.




 Here's what's got me goin'.....
2011_3_16-DabbleDIY.jpg
via
Ava pink princess baby nursery with faux wall paneling
via

 
I love the color contrast with all the molding. And since my Arizona desert house has absolutely NO character, I figured that a paint option would be a perfect starter project for me. The real molding will happen soon enough. I just need to do some real planning for that. Oops! Did I just give away my whole plan??? Oh well, you would have found out soon enough anyway.....

Come back to this site to learn how to do stripes and faux molding the easy(-er) way!
BTW, my goal in decorating life is to eliminate as much taping as possible! If you are of the same mind, you probably will want to come back and find out how.....




1 comment:

  1. Awesome Autumn! Can't wait for your final production. can u help us with our bathroom? ;)

    ReplyDelete