About Me:

My photo
Welcome! I'm a neo-hippie chick working to balance my love for all things earthy and natural with all things glamourous and spectacular! And all, naturally, on a serious budget! I want to share my adventures with my family back home in Los Angeles and.....all of you!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

"THE" LIST. Items 1-10

I don't like to call it "The Bucket List". I'm not about to "kick the bucket". I just wanna get started on some of my silly life goals.

I thought about calling it "Fantasy to Reality", or "Day Dreams to Day Light" or something clever like that, but I haven't come up with exactly the right title yet. So until I do, I'm just going to call it "THE" List.

It will be a list of 100 goals that I will present in 10 separate posts with not a lot of fanfare. Systematically, I will attempt to complete them. How long will it take to do? I don't know yet. A year? 10? A lifetime? Maybe I'll separate them into categories of time allowable. That seems reasonable.

I don't want there to be any extreme pressure to complete these items, but then again, if I didn't want any pressure, why would I make such a proclamation in front of the entire world-wide-web???
Aha, could it be that I need a little outside motivation, but am secretly terrified of me holding myself, and the whole world holding me accountable to my word???

Duh!!

Well, let's not over think this just yet. For now, I'll just start my List.

Here it is. Numbered in no particular order, just as they come to me.....



  1. Learn to Juggle
  2. Fly Through The Air With The Greatest of Ease (on a trapeze)
  3. Write and Perform An Original Song (written by moi, of course)
  4. Shave My Head. (yes, bald. this item may incur unintended ramifications, such as divorce, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it!)
  5. Go Hot Air Ballooning
  6. Visit Russia
  7. Memorize Something Worth Memorizing
  8. River Raft Down the Grand Canyon
  9. Collect and Display One Million Like Items
  10. Learn To Do a Back-Hand-Spring
Hmmm....looking at the list of my desired skills maybe confirms my husband's suspicion that I want to run away with the circus!
I've already taken action towards a couple of items. For example, I found this book at the thrift shop for $1.

It's copyright 1977 (my birth year) as you can probably gather from the illustration.
and it promises....
Sounds like the instruction manual for me!
I also have had already had one back-flip lesson from a girlfriend of mine who is in Cheer or is a Tumbler at ASU (I've forgotten which, and I know they get really riled up about calling them the right one....I don't know if there's a difference....)

I plan to document the journey here on this blog, so get ready for some awkward videos folks!!

So, what do you think of my first set of life goals? Leave me a comment and let me know!

TTYL,
Aut

No comments:

Post a Comment