About Me:

My photo
Welcome! I'm a neo-hippie chick working to balance my love for all things earthy and natural with all things glamourous and spectacular! And all, naturally, on a serious budget! I want to share my adventures with my family back home in Los Angeles and.....all of you!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Easy (and Free!) Hallway ReMix

Hello. Today was a bit of a strange morning. I awoke at 6:30am (that's the strange part) and just decided that it was the day to decorate the hallway. Why right now? Maybe I was inspired by the Phoenix needlepoint art I found at the thrift store the other day?

I think it's fun & funny!

Maybe I was tired of looking at the land of forsaken pictures left in the upstairs landing? (which will one day be our office area)

 Or maybe I just wanted to have a little more fun downstairs!!! Why should you have to trek all the way up one whole flight of stairs to see some color???


Well anyway, this is what happened:
I moved the wine rack that was soon headed for Craig's List
if he didn't find another home other than here
in the dining room nook....

I'm making room for a buffet in this spot. Sadly, these bar stools did not get
another chance at life in this house. A Craig'sList casualty they did become.

....into the hallway between the laundry and powder room...


   .....added a few accessories stolen from other places (from my own house, not really stolen) ....


hung the pictures (all by myself) with a minimum of swiss cheese wall treatment,




....and VIOLA!

Sorry 'bout the shot of me in the mirror.....

A fun place to land your eyes when you arrive through the garage, and an interesting reception when you vacate the powder room! And all for no money! I already had all of the items waiting for a home. (Well, I spent $6 on the needlepoint art, so, just a little money)

.....so here's a shot of my hubby!! (just to be fair!)
So whatd'ya think about the new hallway? I think it's fun! What do you think??
Tell me all about it in the comment box!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey !!! You got me setting my fantasy team!! Also I think you should post a pic from the powder room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Aut! We've got the same pin-up UP!:D Oh sisters:)

    ReplyDelete